Information regarding the autumn semester due to the Coronavirus
Teaching and examination at all levels will during the autumn semester most likely need to be conducted both online and on campus at least for the first half of the semester. For campus-based elements, it still needs to be possible to keep distance in our premises.
You will receive more information about how your particular course/programme will be carried out when we send out our welcome e-mail and via your Canvas learning platform. For now we want you to prepar for education both on campus and online with digital tools.
The decision can be changed if there is new decisions by the vice-chancellor at Lund University or other recommendations from authorities and the government are issued.
- The autumn semester starts 30 August 2021. A welcome e-mail and information about the time and date for the introductory meeting will be sent out in the middle of August (earlier for master's programmes) or two weeks before the course start.
- Most of the introductory meetings will be held digitally. Teaching and examination can be carried out both on campus and digitally.
- After admission you should activate your student account. The way you activate your account differs depending on if you have applied for degree programmes or courses through the University Admissions in Sweden website (www.universityadmissions.se) or if you are coming to Lund as an exchange student. See more information about activating your account here. If you need help with your student account please contact the support centre.
- When you have activated your student account you can login to the learning platform Canvas for more information about your course/programme during autumn 2021. Read more about Canvas here: Using Canvas
- One week before the course start you can log in to the Student Portal student.lu.se, click on LADOK and register to the course/programme you have been admitted to. NOTE that the introductory meeting is mandatory! The web registration is open 7 days before the start of the course until the day of the introductory meeting.
- The digital introductory meetings and most of the lectures that will be held online will use the tool Zoom. If you would like to prepare prior to the meeting you can download the client at https://lu-se.zoom.us/download Only after you have activated your student account you are able to login as a student at Lund University. It is important that you take part in the meetings with both video and audio (using a computer with a web camera or a smartphone). Read more about Zoom and how to download and use the tool here: Studentguide – Zoom
Do you have questions? Contact our Academic Advisors.
You will find the University’s handling of the coronavirus here.